- ink music: the lyrics of chris mosdell
- laa... the dangerous opera begins
- the oracles of distraction (box set)
(with the poet shuntaro tanikawa)
- the erotic odes: a pillow book
- writing the riot act in the illiterate hour: (new and selected lyrics)
- splatterhead: the songlines of chris mosdell
- shake the whole world to its foundations (with calligraphist juichi yoshikawa)
- city of song: the incendiary arias
- thirty-three billion songs on the road of reincarnations
- the kantocles
- the city that silk built
the erotic odes
A bilingual edition translated by Shuntaro Tanikawa and Rie Terada. A collection of 48 (the number of sexual positions in the Japanese shijuhatte) odes (Meditations on Ms Inferno, Aphrodisiaxe, The Democracy of Touch, The Female Furnace) adjoined to a series of shunga (erotic Edo Period Japanese woodcut prints) graphically enhanced and coloured. Also included are commissioned pieces by the avant garde calligraphist Juichi Yoshikawa. A deluxe bedside edition. Original shunga from the private collection of Shuntaro Tanikawa’s father, the philosopher Tetsuzo Tanikawa.
“An intercourse of word and image, this publication is an orgiastic bicultural coup, a rare work of art.”
— Taylor Mignon, The Japan Times
First published by Libroport, Tokyo, 1997.
Republished by Seigensha Publishing, 2008.