- ink music: the lyrics of chris mosdell
- laa... the dangerous opera begins
- the oracles of distraction (box set)
(with the poet shuntaro tanikawa)
- the erotic odes: a pillow book
- writing the riot act in the illiterate hour: (new and selected lyrics)
- splatterhead: the songlines of chris mosdell
- shake the whole world to its foundations (with calligraphist juichi yoshikawa)
- city of song: the incendiary arias
- thirty-three billion songs on the road of reincarnations
- the kantocles
- the city that silk built
city of song
The lyricist’s testament to the intense energies within his place of residence—a set of librettos and choral arias composed to sing Tokyo into life; songs that distill the nature of the city—a city comprising of twenty-three ku or wards (the precise number of chromosomes in a human reproductive cell), a city at once a living entity, at once a dramatic stage set. Consisting of forty-six librettos for soloists (twenty-three male/twenty-three female) and an additional twelve choral “throng songs” for the entire twelve million citizens of the city, the book is a vast operatic script. Songs include Aorta Avenue, Pieced By Mystic Shrapnel, In the Manic Dormitory of the Half-Harlot Boys and The Disintegration Jig.
Published by Edokko Editions, 2006.