- ink music: the lyrics of chris mosdell
- laa... the dangerous opera begins
- the oracles of distraction (box set)
(with the poet shuntaro tanikawa)
- the erotic odes: a pillow book
- writing the riot act in the illiterate hour: (new and selected lyrics)
- splatterhead: the songlines of chris mosdell
- shake the whole world to its foundations (with calligraphist juichi yoshikawa)
- city of song: the incendiary arias
- thirty-three billion songs on the road of reincarnations
- the kantocles
- the city that silk built
the city that silk built
Bilingual edition: translated by Kin Shiotani.
A series of eighty-eight poems written while the lyricist resided for six months in the city of Kyoto. The poems replicate the ancient tenth century Heian tradition of communiqués delivered by court appointed couriers. Each poem comes with a map of where it was composed and a photograph or woodcut print by the artist and translator Kin Shiotani. An edition envisaged as an eclectic yet poetic guide to the Capital of Peace and Tranquillity, with eighty-eight alluding to the number of stations on the Buddhist’s pilgrimage to enlightenment and, in its ideographic form, to eternity.
Published by Shinhyoron, 2014